Monday, October 4, 2010

The Burden of the Future

Daily, I'm bombarded with questions about what comes next, what His plan is for my life, and how can I could possibly bring glory to His name with the choices I make. 
But as these questions loomed around me, I came to a revelation. A revelation stemmed from a few verses in Matthew.


"Therefore, do no be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." -Matthew 6:34

It's simple. God wants our trust. He asks for nothing more than our devotion to Him-that we love Him with all our heart, our mind, our strength--with everything that we are and every aspect of our lives. And He seeks for nothing more out of us than that for He knows we are not capable of
giving anything more. 

In essence, the Lord is holding out His hand. He longs to hold mine. He longs to hold me

I struggle. 
He holds my hand tightly. 
I fall. 
He dusts me off. 

Am I completely confiding in Him and His abilities to provide for me? No. I cannot say that I am at the moment. It's extremely difficult living life without a clear, set path of which to walk upon. However, it's essential that I transform my faith--transform my faith into a blind faith. 

Lord, I pray that You give me a trusting heart. A soul that depends solely upon you-not one that focuses on the future, but rather, focuses on the day. Let the question of "How can I serve you today?" flood the depths of my mind and wash the nagging questions of the future away. My heart, Lord, must be Yours. You fashion it. You sculpt its future and lay down the brick on which I walk. For everything, once my complete trust is invested, is easier that way.  

Demand My Total Trust.


2 comments:

  1. My friend just sent me this verse and I think that it will help you as well:

    Isaiah 41:13
    For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand,
    Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Aww why thank you Taylor :)

    ReplyDelete