Saturday, October 16, 2010

The Lord's Prayer

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom,
the power and the glory,
for ever and ever.
Amen.

This prayer, so commonly said, holds an abundance of meaning than I had never realized prior to tonight. Pick it apart-piece by piece. You'll see the meaning seep out throughout the verses. 

          My mother and I attended "A Night Of Worship" at my church-Faith Christian Community. God's presence filled the room from corner to corner, ceiling to floor. The congregation shouted, praised, worshipped, and cried together-as one body. One body united by the same almighty God who was, is, and is to come. His magnificence struck my heart as I poured everything out before his feet. That cross. That cross was mine. It was meant for me and my sins to be placed upon it. But through the Lord's unfailing mercy, grace, and love for me and the generations before mine and after mine, He laid down. He laid down His precious Son so that I might hear Him one day and decide to relinquish my life to Him. He sacrificed His only Son for a mere chance that I would choose Him over the temptations of this world. 

That is how much He loved us, loves us, and will continue to love us. 

The Lord is our Father. He is our friend. Our Confidant. Our Healer. Our All-Powerful One. Our Redeemer. Our Sanctifier. Our Lamb That Was Slain. Our Abba Father. Our Papa. 
He is JESUS.

His Will will be done. Don't fret. Beware of getting caught up in the struggles of life. His Will will be done. 

& How crucial our daily bread is within this soul-crunching world. We need that strength only God can give-only His Word and His Truth can provide. We starve without it...at least, we should. I would be a liar to say that I can't go a day without reading the Word of the Lord. I have gone many days without doing so and those actions-or lack thereof-have been placed with conviction upon my heart. Lord, give me this day my daily bread. How much I want to want it.

Forgiveness. Without forgiveness, there would be nothing. No enduring relationships, no moving forward. Forgive me Lord of the wrongs I have done before You; of the wrongs I may have done to You. Purify my heart and my entire being Lord. Shine through me. 

Forever and ever. Forever and ever. Let that echo through the nations. Your kingdom will reign forever. Your glory will resonate forever. You and I will (one day) be forever dwelling. Together. As Father and Daughter.

Until That Day, Hold My Hand Tightly;
Bring Me Closer to You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment